Shop Armourx Prescription Safety Glasses Online
How to Add and Remove the Side Shields on the RX-180 Safety Glasses
Buying ArmouRx prescription safety glasses online has never been easier. Our step-by-step customization process will walk you through every option in creating your custom pair of prescription safety glasses with side shields. Weve even made your prescription submission an easy step during checkout. Dont have an up-to-date prescription? Thats ok too. Send it to us later!
Can I Order Side Shields For Glasses
Some safety eyewear brands sell side shields compatible with glasses frames. Wiley X offers removable side shields as an optional safety feature for frames in the WorkSight occupational eye protection series. These glasses ship with side shields and a small protective pouch. You can purchase shields that fit these frames.
Safety Glasses Side Shields
|Safety Glasses Side Shields|
We carry a diverse selection of safety glasses side shields. Depending on the job youre performing, it might be a good idea to get some side shields. The high-quality side shields that we offer are made to block droplets and light particles.
|Safety Glasses Side Shields|
They attach to your favorite pair of safety glasses and give your eyes an additional level of protection. We carry clip-on shields, such as the Bouton clip-on side shields, and we also carry several universal shields, which are made to fit all models of glasses. Our universal side shields are made for smaller or larger pairs of glasses, and some shields are made with clear lens tint while others have smoky or light blue coloring. Many of our safety glasses side shields are made for specific types of work. A great example is the B22 hazard material side shield. Although we offer a number of single products, we also carry packages, such as the universal smoke side shields. This package contains 10 pairs of B27 and B53 shields. Many of the shields that we sell are made to be protective and stylish.
You May Like: Black Glasses Frames Women’s
Occupational Safety And Health Administration
- Standard Number: 1915.153
OSHA requirements are set by statute, standards and regulations. Our interpretation letters explain these requirements and how they apply to particular circumstances, but they cannot create additional employer obligations. This letter constitutes OSHA’s interpretation of the requirements discussed. Note that our enforcement guidance may be affected by changes to OSHA rules. Also, from time to time we update our guidance in response to new information. To keep apprised of such developments, you can consult OSHA’s website at .
A Nicely Substitute For Bulky Safety Glasses
- Multifunctional protective side shield of glasses meet your need of eye protection as much as possible from wind blown, particles, branches, sand, and some chemical liquid splashes, etc.
- They are very suitable for wearing outdoors, woodworking and science experiments.
- If your glasses would fog up from the heat, thatâs exactly what you need. By putting side shields over glasses, you can eliminate a layer of either foggy and distorting over-goggles or a bulky face shield.
- Upgraded side shields protect the sided of your eyes like safety goggles. And it is much more comfortable, you can see better. Especially they can relieve your headaches with less stuff pressing into the space over your ears as well.
- What a perfect alternative to wearing lightweight glasses side shields rather than a bulky goggles or face shield.
Recommended Reading: How Important Is Pd In Glasses
Prescription Safety Glasses With Side Shields
Looking for a comfortable, stylish and affordable Prescription safety glasses set? Don’t search more than z87 vintage Prescription safety glasses With Side shields, these glasses have a cool vintage look and are outstanding for wear when you’re searching for protection from sharp objects, drivers and contrary to popular belief, not when you’re trying to see properly. With Side Shields guarantees on top of safety measures, these glasses are top-of-the-line for all sorts of transactions.
Frames & Side Shields
Shannon Optical represents five frame manufactures: OnGuard, Hoya, Pentax, Armourx, Artcraft and Uvex Titmus. We inventory over 60 styles of mens and womens frames in many sizes, colors and price ranges. All of our frames meet the ANSI Z87.1-2003 standard for safety frames. Our frame collection offers many fitting features including adjustable nose pads, silicone nose pads, form fit bridges and spring hinges.
Safety eyewear should include side shield protection as well. All of our frames offer a custom side shield that will aide in the overall protection factor. Side shields are required to meet the same type of impact testing as frames and lenses and must also meet Z87.1 standards. Side shields can either be removable or permanently attached.
Recommended Reading: Do Blue Light Glasses Actually Work
The Prefect Safety Glasses For Your Worksite
Find the perfect safety glasses for any worksite with this helpful guide. Find out about the features of several leading styles of ANSI Z87.1-rated frames such as the Tifosi Optics Dolomite, WileyX Shadow and Uvex Livewire. Check out the latest one-lens safety frames from Oakley and Wiley X. Some styles feature integrated or removable side shields for additional eye protection.
Interchangeable: Product That Is Convertible Between Frame And Goggle
Prescription Safety Glasses: # RX-180 with Removable Side Shields
- Recommended for: Those that play multiple sports and want the versatility of changing from a Frame to a Goggle with one product.
Buying glasses online may be a new experience, but we’re here to help you through the process! If you didn’t know that glasses had sizes, you’re not alone. Frame size is comprised of several elements, measured in millimeters. Each frame will have its measurements shown in the product details. e.g. .
Check out the guide below and to find your recommended Rec Specs eye size, check out our Sizing Guide.
- A: Lens Width – The horizontal measurement of one lens
- B: Lens Height – The vertical measurement of one lens
- DBL: Distance Between Lenses – The space between the lenses
- TL: Temple Length – The length of the sides/arms of the glasses
All Rec Specs sports eyewear is made with shatter-proof polycarbonate lenses. This provides a complete product , that is impact-resistant and meets or exceeds ASTM Sport Impact Standards. There are several prescription options available with Rec Specs sports eyewear.
- Single-vision: Lens prescription is set for one type of correction. Standard lenses are set for distance vision.
- Progressive: Provides distance, intermediate, and reading correction in one lens. Sometimes referred to as tri-focal lenses.
With every purchase, an Anti-Fog treatment is integrated onto the lenses to minimize fogging during high-energy activities and/or playing in cooler temperatures.
Also Check: Cartier Sunglasses Men’s Buffs
Top Prescription Safety Glasses With Side Shields
1. Prescription Safety Glasses RX-17011: The RX-17011 line of prescription safety glasses can provide comprehensive protection to your eyes. Like the other models on this list, the RX-17011 has removable side shields for added protection. But along with the side shields, the RX-17011 is ANSI Z87+ safety approved, meaning that you can be extremely confident that these glasses will hold up in difficult environments. Not only is the frame durable, but it is extremely comfortable. Finally, you can find this frame in either black orange or green.
2. Prescription Safety Glasses RX-OP-30: The RX-OP-30 line of prescription safety glasses is a durable pair of glasses. The frames are made of plastic and contain removable side shields to protect your eyes from the elements. These glasses provide a secure fit and can be found in two different colors: black and black tortoise. Ultimately, the RX-OP-30 model is a terrific choice for either work or play.
4. Prescription Safety Glasses RX-17013E: The RX-17013E model of prescription safety glasses are an excellent choice if you are looking for added eye protection. Along with removable side shields, this line contains a rectangular TR-90 nylon frame. The framewhich only comes in blackis stylish and provides an extremely comfortable kit. Finally, this model is ANSI Z87+ safety approved. Whether you need prescription safety glasses for work or for play, the RX017013E model provides a terrific amount of functionality and style.
Use Your Fsa & Hsa Dollars On Armourx Prescription Safety Glasses
ArmouRx prescription safety glasses qualify as an eligible expense for your FSA & HSA funds, and we gladly accept FSA/HSA cards as forms of payment. During checkout, simply enter your FSA/HSA card as a typical credit card and check the box asking if you are using an FSA/HSA. Still have questions on ArmouRx prescription safety glasses as an eligible expense? Visit our blog on for more information.
Recommended Reading: Virtual Glasses Try On App
Comparison Of Upgrade And Old Styles Glasses Side Shields
- Compared with the marketed old side shield, the holes in upgraded side shields are fewer but bigger , which can accommodate more glasses type and bigger temples. Entirely fits for glasses temples that width is less than 17 mm. You can quickly pass the glasses temples through the holes, pretty easy to put on.
- The newly upgraded glasses side shields are made of premium TUP polyurethane, a slightly malleable material, rather than a firm plastic, that’s bendy enough to shape around your large glasses.
- 1.No parts or tools required for installation.
- 2.Be careful when installing, there are left and right sides .
- 3.When installed correctly you can fold your temples as usual.
Perfect Size & Lightweight
Safe & Flexible TPU Material
Easy to Store Eye Glasses
What To Look For In Armourx Safety Glasses With Side Shields
When comparing ArmouRx safety glasses with side shields, its important to understand what youre getting. Lets review the two types of safety glasses with side shields:
For additional guidance and helpful tips on ArmouRx safety glasses, visit our Safety Glasses Buyers Guide or contact us.
Read Also: Foster Grant Reading Glasses Walgreens
Side Shields For Glasses
Don’t trust your eyes to cheap, clip-on side shields. Safety Optical Side Shields are ANSI Z87.1-2015 certified for impact protection. They’re available in several models, sizes and colors. You can purchase them individually or via the convenient combo compliance kit. All Safety Optical Side Shields are proudly made in the USA. The impact resistant side shields also block 99% of harmful UV rays, so you stay protected from multiple angles. All Safety Optical side shields are available individually or by the pack, and in a variety of tints.
- Safety Glasses USA
Onguard 225s Ansi Safety Glasses Review
Learn about the features of OnGuard 225S frames and side shields for glasses. These traditional safety frames meet the Z87.1 standard maintained by the American National Standards Institute and U.S. federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines for workplace eye protection. OnGuard 225S frames are made without metal for consideration when working with magnetic or electrical components.
Also Check: Magnifying Glasses For Lash Extensions
What Protection Do Side Shields Provide
Side shields are primarily useful for protecting wearers eyes from lateral impact. Flying debris or objects may approach from the sides of protective eyewear rather than front. These shields extend the ANSI Z87.1-rated or OSHA compliant protection of the frames and lenses to the outer sides of the eye.
Can I Get Armourx Safety Glasses With Prescription
Top 5 Prescription Safety Glasses with Sideshields
Absolutely! At SportRx, we understand the importance of protecting your vision with the proper eyewear. All ArmouRx safety glasses on sportrx.com are available with prescription lenses. Tailor-made for your Rx needs and safety-rating requirements, were confident we can help you achieve clear vision, comfort, and safety with our selection of ArmouRx prescription safety glasses.
Want to talk to one of our friendly opticians while building your perfect pair of ArmouRx prescription safety glasses? Give us a call and well be happy to help 7 days a week!
Don’t Miss: Oakley Men’s Oo9440 Clifden Round Sunglasses
Safety Glasses Side Shields Near Me
Looking for a safe and effective substitute to keep your eyes safe and totalitarian while you drive? Look no more than the new sa bouton 2200 metal non-prescription safety glasses! These glasses have been specifically designed to protect you from dangerous and illegal drugs, car accidents, and other potential mishaps, plus, there are two Side Shields to keep your eyes from developing a harmful dry eye condition! These Prescription safety glasses have strong Side Shields to keep your eyes from being damaged by sharp edges and sharp corners. The frames are made wood and the lenses are made of plastic, the eyeglasses have a z87 design With a white script on black metal. The sunglasses are comfortable to wear and have a clear lens system to help you see in close quarters, our clip on safety glasses are first rate solution for an individual who needs a pair of safety glasses that does not come at a premium. They are good fit for anyone, regardless of their size or lifestyle, the vintage sa bouton 2200 metal non-prescription safety glasses With Side Shields is a valuable pair of glasses for people who itch to be sure that they are getting the best possible safety and vision quality. The Side Shields protect against potential accidents and injuries, while the safety glass technology ensures that you are getting the best possible vision and safety.
Respirator Spectacle Kits / Mask Glasses
SCBA and Full Face Mask Rx Spectacle Insert Kits
Shannon Optical provides prescription eyeglass spectacle inserts for all SCBA and full-face respirator manufacturers. These Spectacle Insert Kits allow anyone to use prescription eyeglasses inside their respirator mask without compromising the seal.
For more than 25 years Shannon Optical has been making Prescription Spectacle Kits for:
Don’t Miss: La Vita By Prive Revaux Sunglasses
Do Some Glasses Come With Side Shields
Certain frame styles come with side shields. Depending on the glasses, shields may be integrated or removable. If you select frames in the WileyX WorkSight collection or other glasses with removable shields, eyewear comes with shields and a carrying pouch. You can also order shields compatible with these frames separately.
Armourx Prescription Safety Glasses With Side Shields
ArmouRx prescription safety glasses are tailor-made to your prescription for precise vision in the workplace. Select from a variety of levels of protection by choosing ArmouRx safety glasses with side shields. From permanent, to removable, our collection of ArmouRx safety glasses with side shields will protect you from all angles to take on any job.READ MOREREAD LESS
Don’t Miss: Louis Vuitton Sunglasses For Men
What is the purpose of side shields on glasses? ›
Side shields are the added attachments on the sides of your safety glasses to better protect the eyes. Side shields added to safety glasses prevent flying foreign bodies (including liquid, wood, metal shavings and other objects) from getting in the eyes.Can I turn my regular glasses into safety glasses? ›
Unless prescription glasses have been specially designed to be safety glasses, they cannot be used as protective eye gear.Does OSHA require side shields on prescription glasses? ›
However, employers can require their employees to have protection above and beyond the OSHA standard(s). Therefore, as a general policy your employer can require its employees to have permanent side shields for their safety glasses.What are integrated side shields? ›
Integrated Side Shields: Many ArmouRx safety glasses feature built-in side shields for extra peripheral protection. Integrated side shields are not removable and provide one of the highest levels of protection against dust, dirt, and debris.What are the requirements for ANSI side shields? ›
Sideshields must be impacted at three specified points at 150 fps. The three point impact requirement renders some sideshields non compliant. Sideshields that are attached to “basic” frames will not upgrade that frame to “high impact” status.